Dishes that you Can Cook in an Air Fryer – An air fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance, this you know but what all you can cook in it is a question that almost everyone has. Air fryers can help in browning and making your dishes super crispy and crunchy with little or in fact no oil but one thing that you need to know is, that the quality of your air fryer depends on how much you are willing to pay for this appliance.
The more you pay, the better the quality. Also, you will get better features if you pay more. So, when you look for best air fryer review keep this thing in mind that the better model you go for, you will get more features and quality cooking. An air fryer cooks fast, blows hot and dry air which makes the food crispy.
Which Would be the Best Air Fryer to Purchase?
Air fryers come in different sizes and today in the market there are a variety of models available. Though air fryers are not suited for larger families, if there is a standard crowd you need to serve, you may go for Philips best Large Air Fryer, it has the capacity to cook an entire chicken or even six portions of fries. If you do not have much counter space and your kitchen is a compact one, you may go for Philips Advance Air Fryer, it uses a technology that lets it circulate hot air constantly which gets you crunchy and brown meals cooked. This model of an Air Fryer uses Turbo Star technology, it helps the food gets cooked evenly. An air fryer gives you the liberty to add inside components, this lets you use the appliance for more recipe and a wide range of dishes. Few components that you may add to your air fryer to increase its versatility are as follows:-
- A rack
- A grill pan
- Muffin pans
- Mesh baskets
Dishes You may Try Cooking in Your Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
If you want to taste this delicious recipe, read on to know more. Suppose if you are cooking for four people, it would take 15 minutes to do the preparations and forty-five minutes of cooking time. So, in an hour you will be ready with this mouth-watering dish with the comfort of your home. Sounds cool right? No spending of money in hotels and getting the same taste at your place. Often people think, this dish needs a deep fryer but no you can even have it with an air fryer. Steps that you may follow:-
- Step 1: Use salt and pepper to season chicken tenders on both sides. Take two bowls and put flour and bread crumbs in them. Take a third bowl to whisk buttermilk and egg together. Now the ingredients of these three bowls will serve as your coating for chicken. Just dip the chicken into the three bowls one by one.
- Step 2: Not all at once, in batches put the chicken with coating in the air fryer’s basket. Cook it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes. Remove the tray, flip the chicken, and cook for another five minutes.
Antipasto Egg Rolls
For suppose 12 people, it would take a total of thirty minutes for an air fryer to cook this meal. Steps that you may follow:
- Step 1: Take an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, then place a slice of provolone in the center. For toppings, you may use one slice of ham, 3 slices of pepperoni, and any other ingredient which you like the most as toppings. Then fold the bottom half and sides also, tightly. You may use a few droplets of water to seal the fold.
- Step 2: Cook these egg rolls at 390 degrees Fahrenheit till they become golden brown. This you may do the cooking for about twelve minutes. Do not forget to flip the egg rolls in between.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes are the ones that are baked once to get them crispy and crunchy and the second bake is after mixing these first baked potatoes with butter, cheese, etc. Steps you may follow-
- Step 1: Remove the water from potatoes by keeping them on tissue paper or a clean cloth. Use a fork to poke the potatoes, sprinkle some salt and oil on it. Put them in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about Forty minutes. Take it out, put on a baking sheet, and let them cool.
- Step 2: Cut thin layers of potato and roast them.
- Step 3: For mixing, use butter, cheese, etc. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: You may add some ingredients for garnishing. Your twice-baked potatoes are ready. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Beignets
This is something that you must try. Just take out 25 minutes of your precious time, cook this delicious recipe, and serve for yourself or your family. If for example, you want to make it for seven people here are a few steps you may follow:
- Step 1: You need to pre-heat your air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit or 185 degrees Celsius. Then spray a silicone egg-bite mold.
- Step 2: Take a bowl and whisk flour, sugar, water, egg yolk, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt together.
- Step 3: Take another bowl and beat the egg white. You may do it by hand or you may also use an electric hand mixer (if you have). Add this batter to the mold you prepared in step 2.
- Step 4: Place the silicone mold in the basket of your air fryer.
- Step 5: Fry it for ten minutes and do remember to take out the basket in between to flip your beignets so that they get fried evenly.
- Step 6: You may let it cook for additional four minutes if you wish and depending on your taste and preference you may also dust your beignets with confectioner’s sugar.
Air Fried Pumpkin Seeds
Everyone is aware of the nutritional value of pumpkin seeds. What if you can give them a taste of delicious spices and sprays to make them all the more mouth-watering while keeping its nutritional value intact as well? This is something which you can try in your newly purchased appliance- an air fryer. If you want to serve it for suppose six people it would take around one hour to cook this recipe and the steps that you can follow are as follows-
- Step 1: First, you need to rinse the pumpkin seeds well. For this, you may use any bowl with small holes (often called a colander) that can help in letting the water while you are rinsing your pumpkin seeds.
- Step 2: Now you need to let the seeds dry completely. At this stage make sure that you let most of the water soak. For this, you may use a clean cloth and put the wet seeds on it, then cover it with another cloth and soak as much water as possible. It would be better if you let the seeds dry for at least fifteen minutes.
- Step 3: Pre-heat your air fryer a 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Step 4: Take a medium-sized bowl and keep all the seeds in it. Then add avocado oil, paprika, and salt to it and mix everything well. Then, place the seeds in the air fryer basket and let it cook for about thirty-five minutes. Do not forget to shake the basket after every few minutes to have an evenly cooked meal. You need to be careful in the last five minutes this is because the seeds can get burned from being perfectly cooked in no time.
Note: In place of avocado oil you may also use olive oil.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Coconuts are great in air fryers and you can definitely try them for a change of taste. It would take thirty minutes for preparation and a total of forty-five minutes to get this meal cooked for six people. What you have to do is not much, just follow the steps
- Step 1: Take a bowl or a dish that is shallow and stir together flour and pepper in it. Take a second dish and beat the egg in it. Take the third dish and stir coconut and panko in it. Take a shrimp, soak it in flour mixture, and let the excess dust off. Dip this shrimp in the egg. Then put this in coconut mixture. Put it on a plate and coat with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius. Then you need to take half of the shrimp, place it in the air fryer and cook for three minutes. Cook it till it becomes golden on all sides. Keep flipping in between. Then season it with ¼ teaspoon salt. Repeat this for the rest of the left shrimps as well.
- Step 3: In the meanwhile what you can do is, take a bowl and whisk together honey, lime juice, and Serrano chile. This you can do if you want to prepare a dip as well. If you want to try your coconut shrimps with any of your’s favorite dip then you may go for that one.
- Step 4: In the last step, you can sprinkle fried shrimp with cilantro and serve it with the dip.