Best 8 Air Fryers of 2020 – Everyone loves to indulge in crispy, hot, deep-fried food. Chips, fries, nuggets, and all kinds of fried food looks great and tastes even better. The only thing that’s stopping us from having this food is the fact that they are ‘deep’ fried in oil. All that oil used for the preparation of these delicious foods could harm your health. But you cannot stop yourself from craving for these foods from time to time.
What are Air Fryers?
So, let us begin with the basics. We all have heard about air fryers and have always had our doubts on what it is, well, air fryers are machines which help you cook your deep-fried food without actually using oil (maybe a little oil in some cases) The food is cooked with the help of hot air. In simple words, air fryers are compact, countertop, convection ovens. Air fryers could change the way you live by giving you exactly what you want but in a healthier way. This has to be the main reason why you should get your hands on the best air fryer under $100 in the market.
How do Air Fryers Work?
Air fryers use convection technology to cook your food. What it means is that the fryer lows really hot air into a tightly packed space filled with food. This creates more energy which gives you food with a crispy, brown exterior and soft, juicy interior.
What can you Cook in an Air Fryer?
The air fryer can be used to cook anything that you would deep fry, food like fries, chips, etc. you can also use your air fryer to bake. We did discuss how an air fryer is a compact version of an oven so you can make all kinds of baked goods in this.
You can also use the air fryer to grill your food. You can cook almost anything in an air fryer except food with liquid batter.
How to Maintain your Air Fryer?
Air fryers are very delicate and like any other electric appliance, they require your utmost care. Clean your appliance each time you use it. Clean the inside and the outside thoroughly using a sponge or a soft cloth. Dry all the parts and then store them carefully.
So now that you know what an air fryer is and how it works, let’s start looking at the best air fryers in the market and the special features they offer.
|Ninja Max XL Air Fryer|
|CHEFMAN – TurboFry 3.7qt Digital Air Fryer|
|Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer 6 in 1|
|Cuisinart TOA-65 Digital Convection Toaster Oven Air fryer|
|COSORI Air Fryer – Best Selling|
|GoWISE USA GW22956 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer|
|Philips – Digital Air Fryer|
|Dash DCAF150GBAQ02 Compact Air Fryer Oven Cooker|
8 Best Air Fryers of 2021 Reviews
- 450 degrees of superheated air to cook
- 30% faster cooking
- Nonstick basket
- Multiple cooking settings
The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is the top-rated air fryer in the market. It beats all other air fryers with its advanced features and multiple cooking options. This air fryer allows you to cook, crisp, roast, broil, bake, reheat, and even dehydrate your food.
The overall fryer has a great capacity and the exterior comes with a beautiful glossy finish.
The company claims that the fryer reduces your fat consumption by up to 75% when you use the device to cook your food instead of traditional deep frying. This fryer allows you to cook your food in a wide range of temperatures. Another important feature of this fryer is that it is very easy to clean, the basket is nonstick and all dishwasher safe.
- It is powered by Max crisp technology which provides 450 degrees of superheated air to cook your food
- The food cooks 30% faster with no oil.
- It has an extra-large capacity of about 5.5QT which means you can cook about 2-3 pounds of food at once.
- It comes with a long coil of about 2.6 feet to allow better flexibility
- The temperatures range is huge; it can be set from 105 degrees to 450 degrees
- The control panel is user friendly and comes with preset programs.
- All the accessories and removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Advanced touch screen controls
- Dishwasher safe basket
- Customizable temperature setting
- Comes with a timer
The Chefman Turbo Fry is the most affordable yet great air fryer. The price point might make you feel that the machine lacks features, but no, this fryer offers all the features any other fryer has to offer. The fryer allows you to bake, fry, roast, and reheat. It is easy to use and clean after use. It comes with an auto shut off feature which ensures you safe cooking experience. It comes with a nice exterior that is heat resistant. This high power fryer is very efficient in its work. It has an advanced control panel which makes it easy to use. It has a great capacity which could be due to its unique basket shape.
- It has a digital touch screen control panel, which makes it extremely user friendly.
- The entire exterior is heat resistant.
- It has a large capacity of about 3.5 liters, the flat basket feature increases the capacity by 40%.
- It comes with a 60 minutes’ auto cut off feature to prevent you from any cooking mishaps.
- It uses 1200 watts of power, so you know your food will be cooked efficiently.
- The basket is removable, nonstick, and dishwasher safe.
- The temperature setting ranges between 200 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Comes with a warranty.
- Multiple program settings
- Faster cooking
- Large capacity
- Easy to use
Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer is one of the best-rated air fryers in the market. As the name suggests, it performs 6 different functions. This compact machine allows you to fry, roast, bake, broil, reheat, and dehydrate. It comes with a great capacity, so you don’t have to worry about having extra people at home. The company claims that the fryer reduces your fat consumption by up to 95%. The EvenCrisp technology does justice to your food and gives you perfectly cooked food inside out. The fryer is extremely simple to use and it is equally easy to clean the fryer post usage.it comes with multiple presets to make your cooking experience easy.
- Comes with 6 presets for different cooking options
- Cooks faster, due to hotter air inside the fryer
- The EvenCrisp technology allows you to have perfect crisp on the exterior and juicy, tender interior
- The capacity of this fryer is huge, you can cook about 3-4 pounds of food in it.
- It is easy to use with a user-friendly control panel
- Easy to clean.
- The basket is made of stainless steel
- High power
- High capacity
- Multiple cooking settings
- Wide temperature range
Cuisineart is one of the leading brands selling air fryers. This is more of an oven than a fryer. It is square and has a huge capacity and does everything you could do with a convection oven. This is different from other fryers in terms of size, shape, capacity, design, and heating power. This convection oven is one of its kind. The motor is highly powered and the heating is even. The temperature range is very wide. Comes with presets to make your cooking experience easy. You can also adjust your cooking time with this air fryer, so now you don’t have to worry about burning your food.
- The motor uses 1800 watts of high power to ensure high heating and even cooking of food.
- Minimal noise during cooking.
- The capacity is very huge; you can cook up to 3 pounds of food at once.
- The unit is entirely stainless steel and comes with a viewing window.
- The temperature range is also large, you can use both low and high temperatures.
- Easy to use
- Various cooking options
- Nonstick, removable baskets
The Cosori Air fryer is a compact yet powerful air fryer. It is very inexpensive, and for the price, it sure does offer a lot of feature.It comes with a number of presets to make your cooking easy.it has a large capacity. It is easy to use and easy to clean. Wide range of varying temperatures to choose from according to the food. Allows you to cook quicker than your traditional cooking methods. The advanced digital control panel makes your work so much easier, it gives you complete control and also looks beautiful. The best part about this fryer is that it has so many features to provide at an affordable range. The product being from a renowned brand completes assures you of the quality and yet comes at such low price.
- It has a completely digital, touch screen control panel which makes its application user friendly
- Comes with 11 preset cooking modes
- It has a large capacity of about 3.7QT
- The basket is nonstick and removable so it is easy to clean
- The fryer comes with a cookbook featuring 100 recipes to bring ease to your cooking
- Comes with a warranty and a great customer service
- The temperature ranges between 170 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is highly powerful, uses 1500 watts of power.
- Larger cooking capacity
- Multifunctional (doubles up as a dehydrator)
- Wide temperature range
- High power heating component
This air fryer from GoWISE has to be the best purchase for the money. The air fryer is huge and can be separated into sections by simply stacking the additional racks. It has a digital control panel and it is very easy to use. This air fryer offers multiple cooking functions. You can now air fry, roast, broil, grill, dehydrate, reheat, or bake food with this single air fryer. Another great feature of this fryer is that you can cook multiple things at the same time just by separating the basket space using the extra racks. It comes with a wide temperature range and a timer. It is easy to use and easy to clean.
- The cooking basket is very spacious and is about 7QT capacity
- You can fit an entire chicken into this fryer and it would still cook efficiently
- The fryer can be racked up using the additional racks, which would allow you to cook 4 different types of recipes at once.
- The temperature range varies between 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is accompanied by a timer ranging between 2-24 hours
- The fryer comes with a removable pan which is nonstick which makes it easy to clean
- The product comes with a cooking book, which would be a really helpful resource if you are a beginner
- It comes with a warranty and good customer service
- Larger food capacity
- Longer cord
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Timer and adjustable temperature range
Philips is a well-renowned brand known for its excellent electrical appliances. Their air fryer was nothing less than that. This air fryer has a unique fat capture technology in it, which tends to remove all the fat from your food, making it healthy and yet keeping it delicious. It comes with a digital display which makes it easy to use and the removable parts make it easy to clean. The exterior is heat resistant so you won’t burn yourself while cooking. It has an optimum capacity which is perfect for household use. It has a long cord to allow flexibility. This powerful air fryer is all you need to take care of your cravings.
- It has a capacity of 1.8 pounds, which is perfect for any small family.
- It is very compact and lightweight.
- It has a built-in timer which allows you to cook without burning your food.
- It has a thermostat with adjustable temperature.
- It has 4 cooking options which make it highly efficient.
- It is very powerful; it runs in1425 watts of power.
- The product comes with a cookbook to help you cook with ease.
- The removable parts are dishwasher safe, which makes the cleaning part easy.
- Faster cooking process
- Auto shut off feature
- Larger capacity
The Dash compact air fryer, as the name suggests is a very compact and lightweight air fryer. This air fryer is perfect for a single person. It has all the necessary features one would find in a large, high capacity, powerful air fryer yet it comes at a really low price. It has a capacity suitable for one or maybe two people which makes it the perfect size for a lot of people. It is easy to use, and easy to clean after use. The basket is nonstick which makes it extremely easy to use. Like any other air fryer, this also reduces fat consumption by about 80% by using little oil.
- It has a capacity of about 1.2QT, which is perfect to feed one
- It is compact and portable, it would be a perfect fit in a small apartment which lacks space to accommodate huge, full-size convection ovens or fryers
- Its small size gives it a sleek design which looks good on the countertop
- It is extremely safe and easy to use, thanks to its auto shut off feature which prevents you from overcooking your food
- The handles and the entire exterior is heat resistant to prevent any cooking mishaps
- It also comes with temperature control.
Buying Guide for Best Air Fryer in 2021
With all the amazing options out there in the market and companies coming up with the latest offers and discounts, it could be really difficult to buy a product which caters to all our needs. This is where we help you pick the best air fryer under $100 in the market by guiding you through the key features to look out for while you buy the product.
Benefits Of Buying Air Fryers
Before you get into buying an air fryer you should know why you should buy one. You need to know facts and details about air fryers, how they work, what makes them different and you also need to look into what makes them the best pick for you.
Every once in awhile, we all crave deep-fried, crispy, hot food. It could be fries, chips, nuggets, onion rings, or anything. When we want to eat them we would, but some of us believe that putting so much oil and fat into your body is not good for your body. This is when air fryers come to help.
Air fryers are devices that use little to no oil to cook your food. It reduces the oil and fat consumption to about 90% which helps you eat what you like and not end up consuming much fat.
How do Air Fryers Function?
Air fryers work similarly to the traditional convection ovens. The air fryers have a basket that accommodates your food in it, this basket tightly encloses the food leaving no space. The basket is either made up of a net or has similar holes on the bottom to let in air. The hot air enters into the basket through the bottom and since there is no space to escape it tends to increase the energy in the basket which cooks your food.
This mechanism ends up giving your food the crispy, crunchy exterior and juicy, tender inside.
During this process, you could add a little or no oil to the basket and still get perfectly cooked food for you to savor.
What to Look for in an Air Fryer?
The major job that your air fryer does is hit your food with hot air and help it cook thoroughly. So your machine must have good heating power. A lot of high-end air fryer does not have a high heating power; this leads to a lot of problems. When the food doesn’t receive the necessary heat, it has to stay in the fryer for a longer period to cook well, this period, where the food sits in the fryer makes the food soggy and moist. No one likes to eat soggy fries, so it very important that you specifically look into the healing power of the fryer before you get it.
Now, the capacity is a very debatable topic. A lot of people need large air fryers to cook for a lot of people at once, while some need a smaller one for a single person. Large capacity means that the machine occupies more space and is heavier than others. At the same time, lesser capacity refers to the smaller size of the unit, which means it would be lighter than a full-size fryer. The problem with small size fryers is that often they are very inexpensive, which means they are made out of cheaper quality materials. Cheaper quality components could lead to mishaps pretty easily. While a large basket fryer is larger and might occupy more space on your countertop it is made with better quality material. Another issue with these smaller fryers is that in case you have people coming over, you might have to put up many batches of food to feed everyone. But if you own a larger basket, you can always decide the quantity on the number of people. We all can agree that larger units are more expensive but what might look like an expense is a one-time investment.
Cooking time is another important aspect of buying an air fryer. No one wants to take hours to make a simple dish. The efficiency of the fryer determines the cooking time. Now the machine is more efficient if the heating power is higher. When the heating power is higher the cooking time is less and hence your food cooks faster. Mostly all the new air fryer models offer a faster cooking time, but if not it has to be something to look into.
No matter what device it is, every electric appliance comes with a danger, air fryers are nothing different. The functioning of air fryers involves a high amount of heat, often this heat is directed to the exterior of the fryer which makes the entire unit hot. This could lead to burns and injuries. It also means that it would be unsafe to let kids near it. It is very important to make sure that you check the heat resistance of the unit before you spend money on it.
Another safety issue arises when we leave the food in the fryer for too long. Well some of us are just starting with air fryers so it could be difficult to understand the cooking time and everything, at times we tend to leave the food in too long, this would not only burn the food but further has the potential to lead to a fire. A lot of air fryers come with an auto cut-off system, which cuts off the electric supply to the unit after a certain time. This feature also allows you to adjust the time according to your preferences. Safety comes before anything else, so you must look into these details carefully before you buy an air fryer.
Presets or Cooking Options
Presets are different cooking options for cooking different recipes. Different food requires different prep time, cooking time, and temperature. for a lot of us, it is difficult to set these temperatures and timings. This is why presets are extremely useful. Presets help you cook each recipe with ease. Most of us are new to air fryers so you must invest in an air fryer that has multiple cooking options or presets.
Control panel is the panel where all your cooking options and other controls are present. Cooking panels should be user friendly and easy to use. Control panels have to be easy to understand for everyone. Most of the advanced air fryers come with a touch screen, digital control panel which makes the work 100 times easier and it also looks very nice on your countertop.
Your French fries need fast cooking on high heat, while your baked goods would need low temperature for a long time. It means that all recipes require different temperatures to reach perfection. The perfect temperature affects your food in many ways, it affects the taste, texture, and quality of your food. A lot of air fryers in the market come with an adjustable thermostat. You can customize the temperature of your fryer based on what you are cooking. The thermostat must have a wide range of temperatures. Very low temperatures could be used for reheating, thawing, and things like that, and high eat are required to achieve that perfect crisp on your food. So if you spending money on an air fryer make sure you get the basic features right.
Not a lot of accessories are required for your air fryer to provide you the best output. But these appliances are expensive, so you must get basic accessories along with your device. Make sure you get tools for cleaning your device, if you own a larger device you should look for racks to separate the large space into multiple smaller spaces to cook various items at once.
How to Look After your Air Fryer?
As your air fryers work so much they must be properly taken care of. Most air fryers do not have a lot of durabilities, this is the main reason why you should take proper care of your air fryer and increase its lifetime.
You do spend a lot on buying these, so spending a little time on its care and cleaning could save you spending money on this again.
- Unplug the device from the electric supply: The first step to taking care of any electric appliance is to unplug it from the source of power. Once you are done cooking the first thing you should do is unplug the device from an electric source.
Once you have unplugged it, let it rest for a while so that all the components of the fryer cool down.
- Clean the basket: Once you unplug your device from the power source and let it cool down, the next most important step is that you clean the basket in which you cooked your food.
Carefully remove the basket from inside the appliance and start cleaning it. A lot of air fryers come with dishwasher safe removable components, if that is the case you can simply put the basket in your dishwasher and the job is done. However, if you want to take proper care of your fryer, you can wash it manually. Use a soft cloth and a mild soap to clean the basket. Mostly the baskets are nonstick to avoid the food from sticking to it, so the cleaning is not a big deal. Using a soft cloth, mild detergent and warm water clean your basket thoroughly. Make sure to get rid of all the grease properly with the cloth. Once you are done cleaning this let it dry properly before you put it back into the machine.
- Clean the interior: Once you are done cleaning the basket you can get on with cleaning the interior of the machine. Now2, you can clean this in a very similar manner, using a damp cloth and mild soap if needed gently clean the interior of your air fryer. Do not be harsh with the interior of your fryer. Carefully, clean all the dirt and grease from the interior of the machine in a very gentle way.
- Clean the exterior: Now, you clean the interior of your device properly it is equally important that you clean the exterior of your fryer as well. Again use a sponge or a cloth to gently wipe and clean the exterior of your fryer properly.
- Take care of your air fryer: It is very important that your properly clean your fryer after each use in order to get rid of all the dirt, accumulated food, and grease from your air fryer. As said, these machines do not have long durability so you must give them the proper care for them to survive a little longer.
Once you are done cleaning the air fryer dry it properly and store it properly in its original box or keep it on your countertop. Now if you do keep it on your countertop make sure you keep itaway from heat sources like your stove or microwave and also do not keep it near the dishwasher. Find a proper spacious location and arrange the fryer properly there.
Our Top Pick- “Ninja Max XL Air Fryer”
Cooking is not only a need, it is a passion for a lot of us. Making delicious food for friends and family is what gets a few of us through the day. But delicious food does not have to be high calory, high fat, or high in oil content. Air fryers have done a great help to us, humans, by providing s the joy of enjoying our favorite food without having to worry about the fats and oils. Air fryers require little to no oil to cook, roast, grill, bake and broil. This makes air fryers a very superior machine. Now every household looks forward to leading a healthier lifestyle which does not necessarily mean that you have to give up your favorite fried food, you can simply replace the process of deep frying with air frying and enjoy your food.
The key is to look for what you need and what features make an appliance better for you. Look for various options and try to pick what works for you in terms of need and budget. With the market being filled with so many variants to choose from we all might get confused about what’s right, the best way to select the perfect fryer is to write down your need first, make a list of all the features you expect in your air fryer and when you go to pick your fryer just match them with the product features.
These air fryers could be expensive, and your money is hard-earned, so if you are going to spend on something this expensive, you better make sure to splurge on the right one. Because you don’t want to end up with the wrong device and regret it later. So choose wisely and spend carefully.